SEA-LIVING

TIPPING IS NOT A CITY IN RUSSIA

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Grackles of Austin TX

1.

Weird dreams are happening with startling frequency. Lately, I've been dreaming intermittently of Austin TX parking lots, filled with those great-tailed grackles they have. Making noise and what-not, with their displays of territorial dominance by bending their necks backwards.

My friend Colin and I used to duck out of work early from Kinkos to grab a burrito from time to time. We'd sit outside to eat and maybe have a smoke. Those grackles would be all around, and they'd offer themselves as the kind of comic relief we'd be due. We'd always talk of instigating battles between them and the sororiety girls of UT Austin.

The great-tailed grackle is my power animal for the week of 6/19/06, or until I can stop thinking of why I'm dreaming of them.

2. Tomorrow I will go to a meeting to make the most lucrative barter of services I could ever possibly imagine. I will trade photographs and some money for the services of a fashion designer. Ultimately, if all goes well, I will have the winter coat that will last me the next decade or so. Winters come and go, and with each, I seem to collect 2 or 3 coats, almost none of which I wear the following winter. Though, I have one that I purchased for $1.50 at Savers three years ago, which somehow has survived peril countless times. Nonetheless, I need a coat that will at least get me through my 20's.

It's a little early to be discussing winter coats, but I'm really intrigued by the idea of making my own clothing. Should prolly get some screening supplies sometime soon too. Should make / recycle some t-shirts.

3. This kid is the coolest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home