SEA-LIVING

TIPPING IS NOT A CITY IN RUSSIA

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Down-ward-ly Mobile Splendor

A few days ago, I went to my storage locker and began emptying it out, as the price to insure a storage locker with a little couch (loveseat) and a full-size slightly burned IKEA bed has risen to $20 a month (as my dad explains in one word, Katrina). I brought home my loveseat, carried it in solo, risking a back injury.

The day of the purchase of the little couch was a joyous triumph in my life. When fire gutted my apartment, I was able to clean the soot from it's cushions. When cans of lonestar and bottles of shiner were spilt onto it, I quickly cleaned it.

Last night, I came home from work, and quickly made white russians with vanilla rice milk. Sat down on my couch with my feet up, while reading the new issue of the New Yorker. I quickly fell asleep, leaving half a white russian, but I awoke with such a painfully bent spine. Such a weird happiness is gained by such a simple lonesome night, but I did miss it indeed. Though, if you are gonna feel a little lonely, vices are prime outlets. My three are alcohol, reading, and my little couch which, I haggled down from $185 to $100 at a Salvation Army.

Little couch, you are the closest thing that I have to an awesome dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home