SEA-LIVING

TIPPING IS NOT A CITY IN RUSSIA

Saturday, March 18, 2006

I have been working in photoshop almost all day.

Rooms without windows, fluorescent lights. I'm losing it. Day in, day out: I'm in the digital lab, where the computer screens are precisely calibrated, but the thermostat is stuck on 82 degrees. It gets hotter after about ten of us have been on the computers for an hour or so. Claustrophobia sets in, big time. It's a sweat box.

Sometimes, I meander over to Mackenzie's pub off of Hennepin between classes or when the labs get to be too much. I usually sit at the bar, order either a Grainbelt or a Shiner, and stare out the window.

The other day, after a Mackenzie's break, I felt like having some sort of chips for a snack, and while in the lounge, I overheard an animation student tell a rape joke. Where is the instant balancing of karmic scales when you need it?

I don't have a girlfriend, but if I did, she would be Adobe Photoshop CS-2. Don't get me wrong, I like this particular version. I just don't like it every waking moment. Adobe Photoshop is also a prude, BTW. Kidding.

I'm still feeling really good about this major. I think when I enrolled, I think I had a lot of ideas about going out to find what I was looking for, not so much retouching the photos I had taken. The atmosphere is not the most conducive to relaxing and the fellow students can be douches.

Though, I'm looking forward to spring break. I will also wear these shoes that I just ordered while I am in Austin. They are the same kind of shoes that Japanese olympians wore to the Rome Olympics in 1960. They have rising suns on the sides. I won't wear them here until after the snow melts.

For about 5 more days, I am getting my ass kicked by school. Do you worst school. I'm fucking tired and girlfriendless and I ain't got no job. Its you and me, school. Mano-A-Mano. I ain't got shit to lose, that makes me a more intense opponent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home