SEA-LIVING

TIPPING IS NOT A CITY IN RUSSIA

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I wish Mrs. Julian Casablancas hadn't deleted her livejournal.

My sister saved my ass from becoming grass. The night before, my friend backed out of allowing me to take his portrait, simply because he wanted to sleep in the next day and the morning in question was essential to getting the photos I needed for my project.

Before I could descend into anxiety, my sister agreed to let me take her picture. All of the photos turned out pretty well: my sister can effectively channel a Sally Jesse Raphael meets Margo Tennenbaum spirit when she feels fit. My sister has a sailboat next door to her house, named 'Upward and Onward', which I totally photo-ed. We also captured the aftermath of a visit by neighborhood racoons when her roommate forgot to take the trash off the back step where he had left it instead of placing it in the proper recepticle. The assignment was about portraits, but I elected that a potrait amidst racoon shit and strewn trash is a portrait, nonetheless.

In summation, my sister is awesome. If you do not know her, you should meet her, she is quite awesome. We used to get into some awesome fights when we were kids. One time, she removed the curtain rod from above her window and then charged me with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home