SEA-LIVING

TIPPING IS NOT A CITY IN RUSSIA

Monday, June 26, 2006

Only love can break your heart.

1. Fashion tips for the week of 6/26/06: white turtleneck, sportcoat w/ far too many cuff buttons, and helicopter related paranoia. See below. Courtesy WFMU's Beware of the Blog.



2. Nothing like the monetary bends to give you that bi-weekly haunting right on the dot. I'm kind of feeling frustrated with the fruits of labor: working a lot and not having much money after buying film and photopaper. Though, I've got beer and Minutemen albums, so all is well the ends well. Or what-ever.

Yesterday, after my typical 800 am - 330 pm server shift, I went and served ice cream at the new Guthrie, as seen below.



I was selling only three slightly non-traditional flavors of ice cream to the masses. Oreo, personal favorite, as well as peppermint bon-bon and vanilla. Still had a million requests for chocolate and strawberry even after many explanations that we only had three flavors, none of which were strawberry or chocolate. I loved how people got in the mindset that I personally conjured the spirit of Francisco Franco to smote their expectations with three totalitarian ice cream flavors of Oreo, P-Mint Bon-Bon, and Vanilla.

Though, I incidentally befriended some cool people. I met the former bassist from Low and we talked about music for a while. I still think Alan Sparhawk's last name is totally made up.

I also ran into one of my professors. I saw him eating from a distance, and was tempted to yell a heckle akin to 'large format cameras suck' or perhaps 'photography is for losers, business management degrees are better." Neglecting my duties, I instead spoke with him for a while on the subject "how when you do art and you love art, but you can't make art because the ideas stopped coming to you". His advice was to take a few days off work and shoot everything that could possibly be a composition until my conscious got the better of me for neglecting work and my personal life. Which I'd like to do, but leads back to where I was about not getting paid. So I'm giving up on worrying about money. I should have my new camera by Friday or Saturday, and then a few days straight of days with nothing going on but photos.

3. Power animal for the week of 6/25/06 - 7/01/06: adorable Kitten.


4. Saw Down By Law last night. Splendid: Waits, Benigni, et al. "I scream-a, you scream-a, we all scream-a ice cream-a!"

2 Comments:

  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Spacebeer said…

    Gosh, I sure hope John Walsh hears about that helicoptor pilot. I'd like to see a reinactment.

     
  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger Rustle said…

    Oh yes. But I would like to see a full-length motion picture on the subject as well. Frankenheimer is the only director I can think of who could adequately put the 'shaking and shaking and the shaking' on to celloid.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home